Thursday, June 23, 2011

Something in the Wind {1947}



Something in the Wind {1947} is one of my favorite Deanna Durbin films. But then again, there hasn't been one film that I have seen of hers that I didn't like. She is just so adorable.

I have another reason for loving this movie. Donald O'Connor is in it too. *sighs* He is one of my favorite actors and his movies are never on TCM. Well, except Singing in the Rain but that is only because of Gene Kelly {another new found favorite actor}.


This movie also features two of my favorite songs by Deanna Durbin {who if you didn't know was a beautiful singer. She is one of my favorites from the 1930s/1940s.} Those songs are The Turntable Song & Something in the Wind. Sometimes I listen to these two songs on repeat all day. :p It also features a fun song done by Donald O'Connor that just makes me laugh, but then again his songs always make me laugh. Anyways the song is called, I Love a Mystery.






Donald Reed's millionaire grandfather dies and they discover that he was sending checks to a Mary Collins for years. They have no idea who she is and why he was sending checks to her {it's very innocent the reason why}. Donald wants to find this Mary Collins and instead finds her niece. She is a radio jockey and has the same name as her aunt. Thus the beginning of the mistaken identity saga begins {which happens a lot in Deanna Durbin films}.

Trivia: This is the first film Donald O'Connor did after returning from service in World War Two.



Did you know you can watch the whole film on YouTube? Which is one of my favorite ways to watch rarer movies. Here's the link to the playlist with all the video parts in it.

~Ashley

2 comments:

Vicki said...

This movie looks really good! I love Donald O'Connor, so I'm really excited to watch it...(:

Rissi said...

LOL! Just as soon as I left the comment what do I see but "Something in the Wind." Okay, so I CAN read. =)