Friday, October 8, 2010

Desperate Journey {1942}






The very first Errol Flynn movie I watched was Desperate Journey {1942}. Starring: Errol Flynn, Ronald Reagan, Ronald Sinclair, Raymond Massey, Alan Hale, and Arthur Kennedy. I must say, I loved this movie! It began my love of Errol Flynn's movies.





I found it interesting that Errol Flynn played an Australian and Ronald Reagan an American in the story. As Flynn was from Australia, and of course Reagan was from America.







The chemistry between the actors was right on. It felt real. The jokes between Flynn and Reagan were marvelous. They gave me plenty of laughs.




When Flight Lt. Forbes (Flynn) and his crew are shot down after bombing their target, they are captured by the Nazis and discover valuable information about a hidden German aircraft factory, that they must make it back to England. They escape cleverly from the Nazis and are on a race to get across Germany without getting recaptured and causing as much damage as possible. They eventually become the "Three Man invasion" as one man after the other gives up his life. Then when the Nazis are about to recapture them they find a brilliant way to escape.  





One of our favorite lines to quote in our house is:


Flying Officer Johnny Hammond (Reagan): The iron fist has a glass jaw!









~Ashley

4 comments:

Bethany said...

This looks AWESOME!!!! Now I want to watch it. :D I love "war movies", esp. WWII. :)

Abigail said...

Loved the movie (one of my favorite movies).


~Abigail

Friend said...

I really liked the movie!


-Friend

patricia said...

Wow, This looks like a great movie!
Thanks for the review/recomendation!
I just requested from our Library, and can't wait to watch it!
I ♥ Ronald Reagan!!!!